The European Parliament adopted the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in April 2016. This new data standard replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive, and it carries provisions that require businesses to protect the personal data and privacy of EU citizens for transactions that occur both within and without EU member states. The aim of the GDPR is to protect all EU citizens from privacy and data breaches in an increasingly data-driven world that is vastly different from the time the 1995 directive was established. Companies must be able to demonstrate compliance to the new regulations by May 25th 2018.
Despite being a US based company, Cavanti has made the commitment to extend these tighter data laws for all our Users, irrespective of country of origin. Fortunately for us it is not too far a stretch, we have always kept client details in the same secure, encrypted and well protected environment we store the animal records, so it is inherently secure under the new rules. In addition we have never, nor will we ever, share or sell your information to third parties that are not directly involved with providing the Cavanti service, and we have always respected data delete requests and ‘do not contact’ requests from clients.
Below are some of the policies and practices Cavanti uses to handle and protect your data:
- We do not collect any data from you that is not necessary to provide the Cavanti service, or to offer support.
- We will not, nor have we ever, shared, sold or distributed your data in any way to any outside service or entity that is not directly involved with providing the Cavanti service or support, unless compelled to do so under the law.
- The personal data you provide at signup and contained within the Cavanti application is stored in the same secure environment your animal records are stored.
- All data is encrypted during transmission to/from your browser and the Cavanti servers. It is then encrypted while on our servers at all times.
- You control your data, and your client’s data. You may edit, delete or update the data anytime you like.
- You can download data from your account at any time.
- You have the right to be forgotten. If at any time you would like us to delete your personal details, or stop contacting you, you may do so by emailing support or logging a request via the support ticket channel.
- Cavanti may contact you from time to time with regard to your account, for support, or to give you information and updates about the Cavanti services. We do not engage in regular advertising or spam.
Most of these policies have always been in place at Cavanti, but under the new laws we need to be more explicit in communicating these policies with you. We take your privacy very seriously, and we always have. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or log us a ticket if you have any questions.